December 19, 2014
- The following is a statement from the Episcopal Church of Cuba released December 17, 2014, concerning the reestablishment of diplomatic relations between Cuba and the United States of America. Translated into English. Original Spanish attached as a PDF. La Habana, 17 diciembre, 2014. STATEMENT OF THE EPISCOPAL CHURCH OF CUBA CONCERNING TODAY’S MAJOR EVENTS For the Cuban...
- This week, the US Congress voted to extend the IRA Charitable Rollover through 2014, says Robert Knoor, Calvin Seminary’s director of development.
- I would like to share some of my thoughts over the last three months. In twenty nine years of work overseas, I have never seen so many bad events affecting so many people as I have in 2014.
January discipleship conference to focus on silence, creating space for God
December 19, 2014
- Christmas 2014 “The glory of the Lord shone round about them” Luke 2:9 In Bethlehem there is a beautiful chapel known as The Church of The Shepherds Fields. Built in the round it is lovingly tended by Franciscan monks. In the midst is an altar given in 1954 by devote Canadian pilgrims with a heart more »...
It is with joy and hope that we have received the news about the speeches of the presidents of the United States of America and Cuba, who two days ago simultaneously announced the restoration of diplomatic relationships between the two countries, frozen for more than 50 years....
- A week away from Christmas, the shops are teaming with people, supermarkets are selling an abundance of turkey, mince pies and Brussel Sprouts, with 'methane belches' a regrettable yet inevitable consequence – though these are only newsworthy if they appear on the surface of Mars.
Taiwan Church News
December 15 - 21, 2014
Rev. Tin Jyi-giokk, Pastor of Taiwan Society, Passed Away On December 11th 2014
Reported by Hwang Yi-lek
Rev. Tin Jyi-giokk, age 92, passed away in Sin Lau Hospital on December 11th 2014. As a PCT pastor, witnessing Taiwan's various political powers: including Japaneses ruling, Nationalist authoritarian regime...
- Following the Supreme Court ruling on two Glasgow midwives' request for a conscientious objection to being involved in abortion procedures Evangelical Alliance Scotland responds.
- Whatever the outcome of these talks, the Evangelical Alliance is encouraging and supporting all those involved, and praying for the peace and prosperity of Northern Ireland in the year ahead.