September 4, 2015
- Taiwan Church News3312 EditionAugust 17 - 23, 2015Church Ministry
Celebrating PCT 150 And Univ. Aletheia 50, A Hymnal CD Featuring Rev. MacKay's Pilgrimage In Faith Is ReleasedReported by Lin Yi-yinTo celebrate PCT 150 and the 50th anniversary of Aletheia University since her establishment, a new hymnal CD featuring Rev. MacKay's...
- Think Friday - Stormont and refugee
- Labour MP Rob Marris wants to legalise assisted suicide in England and Wales. His Assisted Dying (No 2) Bill would allow physician-assisted suicide for mentally competent adults judged to have less than six months to live.
Taiwan Church News
August 17 - 23, 2015
Bakery Class Held At Church For New Immigrant Women
Reported by Simon Lin
In a leisurely afternoon on August 16, sweet smiles showed on the face of many new immigrant women, when the bakery fragrance flew out from the kitchen oven of Chong-ker Church at Taichung City. This was a bakery course making croissants and...
September 3, 2015
- NEWS 1) An open letter to members and clients of Brethren Benefit Trust 2) John Mueller resigns from leadership of Atlantic Southeast District NIGERIA UPDATES 3) Nigeria Crisis Response co-directors report from trip to Nigeria 4) Nigerian children face dangers as they seek education 5) Volunteer observes a Trauma Healing Workshop in Nigeria 6) Trauma healing is the path to forgiveness in Nigeria 7) Small-scale ‘Wall of Healing’ display is available from Global Mission office UPCOMING EVENTS 8)...
- Since the Michael Brown incident, as a congregation we have been looking for ways to avert such from happening in Rockford, knowing that back in 2009 we had a similar incident. We have been working with the Police Department to build a healthy and positive Nonviolence Community Policing and Community relationship.
The new Called to Be the Church congregational giving program is ready to use and being mailed to every congregation.
- On Tuesday evening, Sept. 1, the African Methodist Episcopal Coalition held a worship service in Washington, D.C. I had received the invitation from the National Council of Churches (NCC) the week before in my capacity with the Church of the Brethren’s Office of Public Witness, but it was also relevant for my role as a minister in Washington City Church of the Brethren.
- John Mueller has announced his resignation as district executive of Atlantic Southeast District, effective Dec. 31. He began his ministry with the district on July 1, 2013.
- Having recently returned from a short trip to Nigeria, we were encouraged by the relief efforts headed by the EYN Disaster Team of Ekklesiyar Yan’uwa a Nigeria (the Church of the Brethren in Nigeria). The church’s large-scale program of assistance is funneling money to EYN with a five-pronged approach. We were happy that progress has been made in all five areas that we have designated.